Last Modified: June 22, 2017
Effective Date: June 22, 2017
- Children Under Age 13. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of thirteen (13) and our Projects do not involve collecting information from children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from children. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child, we will delete that information.
4.1 "Personal Information" means personally-identifiable information (information relating to an individual that can be used to identify, locate, or contact that individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information), such as: name, home or physical address, e-mail address, phone number, or personal characteristics (such as photos), and any other information about an individual that we collect and maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with other personally-identifiable information.
4.2 "Sensitive Information" means social security numbers, passport numbers, driver's license numbers, bank account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, login or authentication credentials (such as passwords), and other similar information.
4.3 "Non-Personal Information" means information or content other than Personal Information, including, for example, aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information about participants in Projects, and other information that does not identify any individual.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
6.1 We will only store and use your Personal Information as is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with the Project for which you have provided such Personal Information, including (a) to contact you in connection with your participation in such Project; (b) to provide a report, analysis or recommendations to you relating to the subject-matter of the Project (for example, a report providing specific recommendations as to how you can collaborate with others more efficiently); (c) for authentication and identification purposes; (d) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; (e) to perform our obligations and enforce our legal rights; and (f) as is reasonably necessary to protect our networks, data, software, or business interests. You understand and agree that we may transfer, process, maintain, and store your Personal Information in any country (or in multiple countries), including countries other than your country of residence.
6.2 We are committed to protecting your privacy and we will not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party without your consent.
6.3.1 to any person, entity, or organization which you consent for us to disclose your Personal Information to, including without limitation, your employer or any person or entity which is sponsoring the Project for which you provided Personal Information.
6.3.2 to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets or business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about participants in our Projects is among the assets transferred.
6.3.3 to our research partners, collaborators and business partners with whom we are conducting the Project for which you provided Personal Information or who we are otherwise working with in connection with such Project.
6.3.4 to our service providers, vendors, and agents who provide hosting services and other technical or support services in connection with Projects.
6.3.5 to comply with any legal requirements, subpoenas, discovery requests, or court orders, to defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or as we believe in good faith is necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements.
6.3.6 as we believe is necessary or appropriate in an emergency situation, including without limitation, to prevent criminal activity, personal injury, or property damage.
6.3.7 to law enforcement, financial institutions, or other appropriate authorities in connection with any investigation of suspected criminal or fraudulent activity by any person or entity; and
6.3.8 if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of any person, including any other participant in the Project.
- Use of Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information (including, for example, aggregated information about you and other participants in Projects or information that does not identify any individual) for any purposes whatsoever and we may share Non-Personal Information with others, including our partners, affiliates, and our service providers. Examples of how we may use Non-Personal Information include (a) providing participants in a Project with Non-Personal Information regarding other participants in such Project to show how participants compare to their peers; and (2) storing and analyzing Non-Personal Information to analyze Project results, to improve Projects and/or to develop or create appropriate strategies and recommendations.
- Security. We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure[, including the use of TLS to encrypt information you send through the Website]. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and the storage of information is not completely secure. Despite our measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the Website or any of our other websites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures used by us or our service providers, agents, or other third parties. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU FOREVER RELEASE US FROM ALL LIABILITY ARISING AS RESULT OF THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- Access to and Change of Personal Information. You may contact us at any time to: (a) request the removal of the Personal Information you provided to us from our databases; and (b) update your Personal Information. When your Personal Information is updated or deleted, copies of such information may remain in our backups for a period of time.